Amy and her daughter receiving their prize!
We have the winner of our “Foodies Wanted Contest 2017″ contest worth over $500! Congratulations to Amy from Lafayette, Indiana.
She shares, ”What an awesome thing to end up winning these fun prizes on my 40th birthday! My family and I will love experiencing these restaurants and outings around our Greater Lafayette area!”
Thanks to all who participated in this latest contest! Stay tuned for our next big contest/package we will be hosting in September.
We are celebrating summer fun with our Foodies Wanted Contest 2017 worth over $500! Here are some special details about the local places who have donated:
- Enjoy a newly renovated overnight stay at the Hampton Inn-Lafayette and wake up to partake in a complimentary continental breakfast.
- Bruno’s Pizza: Established in 1955, this restaurant not only offers some of the best pizza around, but fine dishes such as Veal Cordon Bleu, Fettuccini A La Bruno (classic fettuccini with tender shrimp), and amazing manicotti with the perfect blend of cheeses.
- Where else do you get the chance to taste the world-famous Duane Purvis Burger with spread of peanut butter on it besides Triple XXX / Route 66? No where! Come and see why this diner was featured on the Food Network’s Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives!
- Arni’s Pizza is best known for their savory pizza and the Arni’s Junior Salad. This has been a local hotspot for many years!
- Give your tastebuds an experience like never before at Kathy’s Kandies with homemade treats such as: gourmet popcorn, scrumptious truffles, and fluffy pastries!
- The owners of Parthenon Greek American Grill are from Cyprus and work here each day, their authentic Greek food will not disappoint, travel the world and find no better Gyros!
- East End Grill is offering modern fare, fabulous service in a cozy atmosphere. This is one of Lafayette’s newest restaurants and quickly becoming one of the community’s favorite places to eat.
- Taste the whipped, silky texture of decadent frozen custard at the Igloo Frozen Custard, serving happy customers since 1932.
- Learn how salt water shrimp are raised right here in Indiana at the RDM Shrimp Farm! You will have an opportunity to talk to the owners, tour the facility, learn the shrimp farming process and then have an opportunity to purchase some shrimp if you would like.
- The prairies come alive with color in summer at Indiana’s newest state park, Prophetstown State Park. The park offers camping, swimming, hiking, biking, birding, wildlife observation, and more.
- Home to chickens, pigs, cows, horses and more, this farm will bring smiles to your face and enjoyment for all. Bring the family out for an up close and personal tour of The Farm at Prophetstown, with possibly a personal trolley ride through the prairie.
- Join a chorus of spectacular wolves in their natural habitat at Wolf Park’s popular Howl Nights. The park is home to several packs of gray wolves, plus foxes, coyotes and bison and is the only park of its kind in the country.
- Recapture 18th Century life at the Feast of the Hunters’ Moon. Experience military demonstrations, foods prepared over an open fire, traditional craftsmen, costumed participants, music and dance.
Enter to win this fabulous contest at HomeOfPurdueBlog.com. Good luck!
Family Fun Tourism Celebration Contest 2015! Discover why Lafayette-West Lafayette is the best choice for a family fun weekend with your loved ones. You can enter to win a weekend getaway worth $450 to Lafayette-West Lafayette to partake in all our town has to offer! Our local restaurants, hotels, shops and attractions have donated fun gifts to one special family. Good luck!
Enter to Win (by answering this question correctly below)!
How many miles long is the Wabash Heritage Trail from end to end? (This includes Tippecanoe County – Lafayette/West Lafayette)
Leave your answer below in the “Leave a Reply.” We will collect all of them and pick a random winner from among the correct answers.
One great winner will win the following package!
Entries will be accepted through Sunday, May 10, 2015 at Midnight. A winner will be announced the week of May 17, 2015! Leave your reply in the box below and click “Post Comment.” Please note that your answer will show up on your computer, but no one else will see your answer until the contest is over.
If you select “Notify me of follow-up comments by email” you will receive an email for every contest entry. We will be approving and posting ALL of the entries (with your name and answer) at the END of the contest (if you have selected to receive follow-up comments and we receive a lot of entries, make note you will receive an EMAIL for EVERY ENTRY when we approve the answers). By entering, participants release their emails to Visit Lafayette-West Lafayette. Visit Lafayette-West Lafayette will not share or sell your information.
Lazy River @ Tropicanoe Cove
Visit Lafayette-West Lafayette is excited to announce our “Family Fun” Contest 2014 to our two great cities. The competition started on Monday, June 9 and we want to share why each business that has donated to these packages is so fabulous!
One great winner will win the following package worth over $550!
- Enjoy a good night’s rest at the Best Western Executive Plaza and Conference Center, which is home to Buccaneer Bay and the Hour Time Restaurant.
- Buccaneer Bay is a load of fun that includes a 23- foot winding water speed slide, dumping treasure chest, water cannons, a 20 person hot tub, game room and the Jolly Roy Pirate Ship.
- Prophetstown State Park is Indiana’s newest state park that has a slew of fun hiking and educational seminars to learn about the prairie and all of its local inhabitants (birds and animals).
- Wolf Park offers guests the opportunity to howl with wolves, meet foxes and coyotes and see bison roam the beautiful prairie.
- Grateful Heart Gallery & Gifts is the perfect shop to find a piece of pottery created by local artists that will bring beauty into your home.
- Skate America offers a ton of family fun: roller-skating, laser tag, arcade, prizes, snack bar, many TVs for viewing, free Wi-Fi and family-friendly music.
- With a wide array of pieces to choose from, weekly specials that offer something unique for all ages and fun-filled summer camps, All Fired Up is the perfect destination for a great time this summer.
- Two Tulips offers shoppers everything from darling children’s clothes and piggy banks, specialty stationary, to fun decorative gifts for the home.
- Learn the history of how the Tippecanoe Battlefield Museum (where the Native Americans and settlers clashed) played such a major role in American history.
- One Earth Gallery & Gifts showcases authentic handmade American Indian art that can not only be admired but purchased.
- Bowling, billiards room, arcades, cosmic-bowling, full service snack bar, sports bar and banquet facilities. Where? Arrowhead Bowl!
- Summer fun can be found for the whole family at Tropicanoe Cove, an outdoor aquatic center that provides a watery paradise to visitors in the hot, sunny summers.
- Bruno’s not only has delicious pizza, but order their fried shrimp and/or catfish entrees and you will leave completely satisfied. In addition, their Swiss menu and decor will make your dinner very memorable.
- Triple XXX or Route 66 are known for their root beer and chopped steak burgers, but we love their breakfasts which offer homemade biscuits and gravy, Belgium waffles, corned beef hash and much, much more.
- Make sure you order the bourbon glazed pork chop with mashed potatoes and carmelized brussel sprouts at Red Seven Bar & Grill, a hip and trendy restaurant downtown Lafayette.
- Partake in a hearty breakfast at the Hour Time Restaurant after a restful nights sleep at the Best Western. We recommend their specialty, the eggs benedict.
- Kathy’s Kandies is a sweet shop that takes sweets to a new level with their gourmet popcorn, decadent truffles, and beautifully decorated cakes.
- Arni’s, home to a local staple, the “Arni’s Junior” salad, has been serving the community since 1965. Their thin crust pizza is a favorite of many!
- What is better in summer than a coney dog and a chilled root beer from Dog N’ Suds? Nothing!
- Have you ever been to a bakery where you can pick out your own cookie ingredients and they bake the cookies fresh right in front of you? You can now at Baked! of West Lafayette!
Go to http://www.homeofpurdueblog.com/?p=5053 to sign up! Entries will be accepted through Monday, June 16 at noon. A winner will be announced the week of June 23, 2014.