Happening Now! Right now, the talk around town is about the fun celebration taking place next Thursday, May 11. It is our annual Lafayette-West Lafayette Tourism Tailgate that is stocked full of fun activities, good food and live entertainment! Join us anytime between 4pm and 7pm to celebrate tourism while eating, tasting beer and wine, and chatting with our staff and others attending.
We take pride in Lafayette-West Lafayette as being a great tourism destination which welcomes visitors from all parts of the world to enjoy our attractions, shops, restaurants, and our beautiful university, Purdue. May 7 through May 13, 2017, is our time to embrace tourism and everything it offers to our community with this tourism tailgate party. This event will showcase what there is to do in Lafayette-West Lafayette, so if you are traveling through our area, a “local”, or a recent newcomer, this is the event for you!
This year’s tailgate is stocked with fun events. Wildcat Creek Winery will be offering wine samples and People’s Brewery and Thieme and Wagner Brewery will be offering free samples of their beer. Local musicians, Steve Hill and Scott Greeson, will be performing and taking requests. Do not miss grabbing a hotdog and/or hamburger loaded with all the trimmings along with a cold bottle of Triple XXX root beer. Local attractions will have booths set up at the visitors center to meet guests and share all their “happenings” this year. The Boilermaker Special, a favorite of children and adults alike, will be taking guests on rides throughout the area from 4:30 pm to 6:30 pm (weather permitting and barring any mechanical issues).
Whether you are looking for delicious dining, interesting attractions and shops, enticing events or home away from home lodging—a getaway to Lafayette-West Lafayette, Indiana, is sure to satisfy. For more information about this event and others in the area, visit our website at www.HomeOfPurdue.com
Visit Lafayette-West Lafayette is excited to announce our “Lafayette-West Lafayette Making Lasting Memories Contest 2016″ to our two great cities. The competition started on Monday, May 2, 2016 and we want to share why each business that has donated to these packages is so fabulous!
One great winner will win the following package worth over $550!
- The Courtyard by Marriott recently opened a new conference center featuring over 5,500 square feet of meeting space perfect for your next special event!
- Arni’s Pizza is best known for their savory pizza and the Arni’s Junior Salad. This has been a local hotspot for many years!
- Bruno’s features great food, atmosphere, and fun! This local favorite celebrated their 60th Anniversary last year and is known for their infamous Bruno Dough and homemade, hand-tossed pizzas!
- Where else do you get the chance to taste the world-famous Duane Purvis Peanut Butter Burger besides Triple XXX / Route 66? No where! Come and see why this diner was featured on the Food Network’s Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives!
- Give your tastebuds an experience like never before at Kathy’s Kandies with homemade treats such as: gourmet popcorn, scrumptious truffles, and fluffy pastries!
- Looking for a great burger, drink, onion rings and more? Make a lunch or dinner trip to Spurlock’s.
- Digby’s Pub & Patio offers an informal tavern serving appetizers, salads, sandwiches, entrees and amazing burgers along with handcrafted cocktails.
- Pottery at its finest can be found at the Grateful Heart Gallery and Gifts. Five resident artists of Grateful Heart create a broad spectrum of art that is influenced by their personal experiences and cultural influences.
- Test your mini golf skills at Monster Mini Golf: 18-holes of surprises, twists, and turns! What’s the catch? It’s all in the dark with neon monsters around every corner!
- Have you ever come face-to-face with a wolf? Wolf Park gives you the extraordinary opportunity of meeting numerous wolves, coyotes, and foxes; each have their very own story and background to share!
- Billiards room, arcades, cosmic-bowling, full service snack bar, sports bar, and banquet facilities! Where? Mike Aulby’s Arrowhead Bowl
- Grab an inner-tube and laze your way through Cattail Crik at Tropicanoe Cove!
- 45 minutes north of Lafayette-West Lafayette is home to one of the United States largest dairies! Find cheese, adventure, cows, hogs and more at Fair Oaks Farm.
- Prophetstown State Park is located in the historic town of Battle Ground. This state park, which served as a home to Native Americans for many years, is named after The Prophet, who was brother to Native American chief, Tecumseh. As Indiana’s newest state park offers hiking, biking, camping, interpretive Naturalist Services, and is now home to an outdoor aquatics center!
- Music lovers will have the chance to clap, stomp and enjoy the sounds of old-time, bluegrass, swing jazz fiddle, string band, Celtic and ethnic music during the Indiana Fiddlers’ Gathering.
- Food, music, and a night on the town – sounds like the recipe for a perfect evening! Enjoy the TASTE of Tippecanoe on June 18.
Go to http://www.homeofpurdueblog.com/?p=7647 to sign up! Entries will be accepted through Monday, May 9, 2016, at 11am. The winner will be announced via social media after they have been notified. And stay tuned to our next social media contest coming in June – the theme is “Summer Fun.”
Lafayette-West Lafayette Making Lasting Memories Contest 2016! Discover why Lafayette-West Lafayette is the best choice for a fabulous weekend, full of family fun! You can enter to win a weekend getaway worth over $550 to Lafayette-West Lafayette to partake in all our town has to offer! Our local restaurants, hotels, shops, and attractions have donated fun gifts to one special winner. Good luck!
Enter to Win (by answering this question correctly below)!
QUESTION: Making Memories! Our team has been making special memories all over Lafayette-West Lafayette with Purdue Pete. Visit HomeofPurdue.com and share with us the link you can find this collage of photos of us making fun memories! (Hint: it in an area where you can find the best festivals in the Midwest.)
Leave your answer below in the “Leave a Reply.” We will collect all of them and pick a random winner from among the correct answers.
One great winner will win the following package!
- One night stay in any room type up to $159 value at the Courtyard by Marriott
- Gift certificate to Arni’s Pizza
- Gift certificate to Bruno’s
- Gift certificate to Triple XXX Family Restaurant
- Gift certificate to Kathy’s Kandies
- Gift certificate to Spurlock’s
- Gift certificate to Digby’s Pub & Patio
- Gift certificate to Grateful Heart Gallery and Gifts
- Family Fun Pack – Good for 4 rounds of 18 hole and 20 game tokens to Monster Mini Golf
- One free pass, good for up to 4 people to Wolf Park
- The Family Pac – 2 hour unlimited bowling including shoes for up to 6 guests and 14″ pizza choice, bread sticks with cheese, pitcher of soda or iced tea to Mike Aulby’s Arrowhead Bowl
- 4 day passes to Tropicanoe Cove Water Park
- 4 VIP passes to the Dairy & Pig Adventure at Fair Oaks Farm
- 1 free entry into Prophetstown State Park
- 4 complimentary tickets to Indiana Fiddlers’ Gathering
- 4 complimentary tickets to TASTE of Tippecanoe
Entries will be accepted through Monday, May 9, 2016 at 11am. A winner will be announced as soon as we have contacted the winner! Leave your reply in the box below and click “Post Comment.” Please note that your answer will show up on your computer, but no one else will see your answer until the contest is over.
If you select “Notify me of follow-up comments by email” you will receive an email for every contest entry. We will be approving and posting ALL of the entries (with your name and answer) at the END of the contest (if you have selected to receive follow-up comments and we receive a lot of entries, make note you will receive an EMAIL for EVERY ENTRY when we approve the answers). By entering, participants release their emails to Visit Lafayette-West Lafayette. Visit Lafayette-West Lafayette will not share or sell your information.
We have the winner of our Family Fun Tourism Celebration Contest 2015 worth over $450! Congratulations to Angela from Indianapolis, Indiana. Angela shares, “What a great way to start off the week to know that I’ll be able to have a nice weekend getaway in Lafayette-West Lafayette, just about an hour away from home! I’ve never visited Lafayette before, so it sounds like loads of fun to see what this great city has to offer! Thank you so very much! I will be sure to post tons of photos of the Braden family experience when we take this getaway later this year!”
Angela answered this question correctly and was picked at random: The question was:
How many miles long is the Wabash Heritage Trail from end to end? (This includes Tippecanoe County – Lafayette/West Lafayette)
Angela answered 13 miles. Please note we accepted two answers (13 miles and/or 17 miles) as there is a 13 mile segment but 17 mile trail network.
Thanks to all who participated in this latest contest! Stay tuned for our next big contest/package we will be hosting this summer.
Going on an adventure. Relaxing. Meeting new business partners. Learning. Supporting local businesses and jobs. These are just a few examples of what travel means to people and to communities.
This year, to celebrate National Travel and Tourism Week (NTTW) 2015, May 2-10, our industry is underscoring how travel affects us all with the theme: “Travel is ___________.”
Travel is vacationing. Travel is making memories. Travel is essential to the U.S. economy. Travel is a job creator. No matter how you complete the sentence, the bottom line message is that travel is vital to our country and our lives, and it has meaning for everyone.
NTTW is the perfect time to celebrate what travel means to you. Through nationwide events— from rallies to media outreach to proclamations from local governments—NTTW champions the power of our industry for this week and beyond. Travel and tourism professionals, from communities small and large, come together to promote the incredible contributions their markets and travel-related businesses make to strengthen the economy and our workforce.
The theme—“Travel is __________.”—not only amplifies our call, but it customizes the unique impact of the U.S. travel industry on the fabric of America. Destinations, including ours here in Lafayette-West Lafayette, are defining travel as it specifically contributes to our local economies, businesses and lives.
We encourage you to do the same and take part in NTTW by sharing what “Travel is __________.” to you. Join our rally Tailgate event on Wednesday, May 6 from 4-7pm at the Visit Lafayette-West Lafayette Visitors Center. Write a guest column for your market’s newspaper. Contact a member of Congress. Or just follow along on Twitter, via @USTravel, #NTTW2015 and @HomeOfPurdue.
Let’s make this year’s NTTW more than just a celebration. Let’s make it a movement that positions our industry to grow even stronger and expand its influence on our daily lives.
Visit Lafayette-West Lafayette is excited to announce our Family Fun Tourism Celebration Contest 2015 to our two great cities. The competition started on Monday, June 9 and we want to share why each business that has donated to these packages is so fabulous!
One great winner will win the following package worth $450!
- Enjoy a good night’s rest, complimentary continental breakfast and a few laps in the pool at the Hampton Inn – Lafayette.
- Check out Indiana’s newest state park where Native Americans hunted and lived along the two rivers for thousands of years at Prophetstown State Park
- Wolf Park offers guests the opportunity to howl with wolves, meet foxes and coyotes, and see bison roam the beautiful prairie.
- The most beautiful ceramic pottery can be found at Grateful Heart Gallery. One can enjoy viewing all the artistic pieces and can also purchase them!
- Bowling, billiards room, arcades, cosmic-bowling, full service snack bar, sports bar and banquet facilities. Where? Arrowhead Bowl!
Summer fun can be found for the whole family at Tropicanoe Cove, an outdoor aquatic center that provides a watery paradise to visitors in the hot, sunny summers.
- Experience 18 holes of fun filled monster mini golf along with arcade games, glow-in-the-dark air hockey table and ticket redemption games such as Ice Ball at Monster Mini-Golf.
- Bruno’s Pizza: Established in 1955, this restaurant is famous for its Bruno Dough; Bruno’s pizza dough deep fried, brushed with garlic butter and sprinkled with parmesan cheese and served with a dipping sauce of your choice.
- Triple XXX or Route 66 are known for their root beer and chopped steak burgers, but we love their breakfasts, which offer homemade biscuits and gravy, Belgium waffles, corned beef hash and much, much more.
- Kathy’s Kandies: Satisfy your sweet tooth with truffles, gourmet popcorn, cakes, toffee, shakes and smoothies, licorice, artisan chocolates; need we say more!
- Arni’s, celebrates 50 years of business this year! Make sure you order a local staple, the “Arni’s Junior” salad and their delicious thin crust pizza.
Go to http://www.homeofpurdueblog.com/?p=6352to sign up! Entries will be accepted through Sunday, May 10, 2015 at midnight. A winner will be announced the week of May 18, 2015.
Scavenger Hunt 2014! National Tourism Week is May 3-11, 2014! To celebrate we have created a fun contest to get YOU out to enjoy everything Lafayette-West Lafayette has to offer. We will post clues every day on our website, www.HomeOfPurdue.com to lead you to one fabulous object in one fabulous destination. One winner will win the following prize package worth over $600!
One great winner will win the following package!
- One overnight stay at the Best Western Executive Plaza and Conference Center
- $50 gift certificate to Triple XXX Family Restaurant
- $25 gift certificate to Bruno’s
- $20 gift certificate to Red Seven Bar & Grill
- $25 gift certificate to Kathy’s Kandies
- $25 gift certificate to Hour Time Restaurant
- $20 gift certificate to Baked! Of West Lafayette
- 2 Free pints to People’s Brewing Co.
- Photo bead necklace or bracelet of $50 value or less at LE Originals
- $30 gift certificate to Grateful Heart Gallery
- $20 gift certificate to Two Tulips
- $10 gift certificate to All Fired Up
- 4 free one day admissions to Buccaneer Bay
- Free Skate Party at Skate America
- 1 free entry into Prophetstown State Park
- 1 free pass, good for up to 4 people to Wolf Park
- An Umbrella from Camera Outfitters
Go to www.HomeOfPurdue.com to learn more about this fun scavenger hunt!