We have the winner of our “Girlfriends Getaway Contest 2018″ worth over $550! Congratulations to Hyla from West Lafayette, Indiana!
She shares, “I’ve lived in the West Lafayette area for the past 7 years and some of these places I haven’t been to yet. I’m so thrilled to have the opportunity to patronize some local businesses and have fun with my friends. Thank you!”
Thanks to all who participated in this latest contest! Stay tuned for our next big contest/package we will be hosting in November. The theme will be Holiday Shopping & Entertainment!
It’s our annual Girlfriends Getaway Contest to Home of Purdue! This year’s contest is worth over $550! Here are some special details about the local places who have donated:
- Just a few miles from Purdue University campus and adjacent to Purdue Research Park, is the Four Points by Sheraton. Enjoy a good night’s rest on the plush Four Points by Sheraton Four Comfort Bed™, a Flat Screen Television with premium cable and plenty of free extras like wireless High Speed Internet Access.
- Pizza, wings, submarine sandwiches, Arni’s junior salads, garlic bread; this and more are some of the fabulous food items you will find at Arni’s Restaurant.
- Bruno’s Pizza: Established in 1955, this restaurant not only offers some of the best pizza around, but fine dishes such as Veal Cordon Bleu, Fettuccini A La Bruno (classic fettuccini with tender shrimp), and amazing manicotti with the perfect blend of cheeses.
- Where else do you get the chance to taste the world-famous Duane Purvis Peanut Butter Burger besides Triple XXX / Route 66? No where! Come and see why this diner was featured on the Food Network’s Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives!
- Gigi’s Cupcakes is serving up cupcakes with names like Scarlett’s Red Velvet, Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough, Miss Princess, Cotton Candy, Wedding Cake, and Kentucky Bourbon Pie. These cupcakes taste just as good as they look.
- If you’re looking for a place to take mom and dad out for breakfast when they visit their favorite Boilermaker, Town & Gown is the perfect place. You’ll certainly be their favorite after you treat them to a delicious, hearty breakfast at this restaurant.
- Did you know the custard recipe from the Igloo Frozen Custard dates back to 1932?? It is sure to satisfy your next frozen treat craving!
- Kathy’s Kandies owner Kathy, spends 12 to 18 hours a day making 12 different kinds of candy in over 80 different flavors. Wowza! There is something for everyone, so make sure you make a stop at this yummy candy shop!
- Head to Wea Creek Orchard in Lafayette, IN and pick some fresh peaches, nectarines, apples, pumpkins, enjoy a wagon ride, purchase some honey or apple butter, jams and jellies, etc.? You’ll have loads of fun!
- Call all your besties and enjoy a full day chauffeured wine trail tour! How? Beyond the Vine Wine Tour offers this luxury service to enjoy Indiana wineries and not have to worry about your transportation!
- So many wonderful upcoming performances are taking place at the Civic Theatre of Greater Lafayette! Main Stage shows include: Baskerville: A Sherlock Holmes Mystery, Into the Woods, Intimate Apparel, and Time Stands Still.
- Haan Mansion Museum of Indiana Art is a mixture of art and history. This attraction draws everyone from art aficionados to history buffs in one setting. The pure splendor of this mansion, that is located directly south of downtown Lafayette has visitors acclaiming its beauty with awe and excitement.
- Indiana’s newest state park, Prophetstown State Park, is 900 acres of restored prairie. It is a beautiful site full of wetlands, prairie, and open woodlands. See where Native Americans lived and hunted along the Tippecanoe and Wabash River, and visit the recreation of a Native American village.
- Experience 18 holes of fun filled monster mini golf along with arcade games, glow-in-the-dark air hockey table and ticket redemption games such as Ice Ball at Monster Mini Golf. The whole place glows in the dark making it an eerie and spooky good time.
- Invite your friends, sip your favorite beverage and enjoy step-by-step instruction with experienced and enthusiastic local artists at Painting with a Twist!
Enter to win this fabulous contest at HomeOfPurdueBlog.com. Good luck!
We are celebrating fall fun with our Girlfriend Getaway Contest 2017 worth over $500! Here are some special details about the local places who have donated:
- Rest in a lovely hotel room with luxury bedding and amenities galore from an indoor pool/whirlpool, fitness center, outdoor firepit and more! Where? Courtyard by Marriott
- Arni’s Pizza is best known for their savory pizza and the Arni’s Junior Salad. This has been a local hotspot for many years!
- Triple XXX or Route 66 are known for their root beer and chopped steak burgers, but we love their breakfasts, which offer homemade biscuits and gravy, Belgium waffles, corned beef hash and much, much more.
- Town & Gown: Flowers galore can be found in this beautifully landscaped outdoor patio. Smell the fresh flowers as you feast on light and fluffy pancakes, rich and flavorful biscuits and gravy, and decadent cocktails.
- “Thank goodness for great food!”? Every time we make a visit to Bruno’s Pizza and Big O’s Sports Room in West Lafayette, Indiana, we have this feeling of jubilation!
- Kathy’s Kandies: Satisfy your sweet tooth with truffles, gourmet popcorn, cakes, toffee, shakes and smoothies, licorice, artisan chocolates; need we say more!
- Beverage Heaven… They are known not just for their frozen custard but also their fruit drinks and flavored sodas. Where? Igloo Frozen Custard
- East End Grill, Lafayette’s newest restaurant serving modern with a twist fare ranging from chopped salads, to burgers & sandwiches and the best steaks and seafood available.
- Nine Irish Brothers serves up traditional Irish pub fare in a lively, tavern setting! Every dish at Nine Irish has a unique flavor combination that artfully combines the recipes of old with some modern inspiration.
- People’s Brewing Company is a hidden gem in Lafayette-West Lafayette. Guests pull up to what is an old loading dock, and within its space is a fun, relaxed bar where locals and visitors enjoy a fresh brew while sharing their day’s stories.
- Scarlett’s Red Velvet, Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough, Miss Princess, Cotton Candy, Wedding Cake, and Kentucky Bourbon Pie; these are just a small selection of fun flavors of cupcakes at Gigi’s Cupcakes.
- Did you know you can create your own floral designs at Rubia Flowers! Led by one of their designers, you and your friends will create a seasonal arrangement that you can take home at the end of the night.
- Enjoy meeting the many farm animals at The Farm located within the state park., hike the park trails and embrace the utter beauty of nature at Prophetstown State Park.
- Have you ever come face-to-face with a wolf? Wolf Park gives you the extraordinary opportunity of meeting numerous wolves, coyotes, and foxes; each have their very own story and background to share!
- Tour the the building that was once featured at the St. Louis Worlds Fair, Haan Mansion Museum of Indiana Art! It holds some of the most historic and valued Indiana art pieces in the state!
- Test your mini golf skills at Monster Mini Golf: 18-holes of surprises, twists, and turns! What’s the catch? It’s all in the dark with neon monsters around every corner!
- Games galore! Merlin’s Beard is a new and unique attraction to the Lafayette area. With over 250 games to choose from, there is a game for everyone!
Enter to win this fabulous contest at HomeOfPurdueBlog.com. Good luck!
We have the winner of our 2014 “Girlfriends’ Getaway” Contest worth over $590! Congratulations to Sarah H. from West Lafayette, Indiana! She shares, “Oh my goodness! I’m SO excited!!!!! My best friend lives in Michigan, but we don’t get to see each other very often. I can’t wait to get to spend some girl time together. I know our husbands won’t mind spending quality time with the kiddos so we can get away. Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!”
Sarah answered this question correctly and was picked at random: The question was:
What is the date for the next Gallery Walk in 2014 taking place in Lafayette, Indiana?
ANSWER: September 19, 2014
Thanks to all who participated in this latest contest! Stay tuned for our next big contest/package we will be hosting later this fall that will have a surprise theme!
Boilermaker Pete from Triple XXX
Visit Lafayette-West Lafayette is excited to announce our “Girlfriends’ Getaway” Contest 2014 to our two great cities. The competition started on Monday, July 28 and we want to share why each business that has donated to these packages is so fabulous!
One great winner will win the following package worth over $590!
- Enjoy comfort, great service and a complimentary breakfast at the Hampton Inn Lafayette.
- Check out Indiana’s newest state park where Native American people hunted and lived along the two rivers for thousands of years at Prophetstown State Park
- Wolves, foxes, coyote and bison inhabit Wolf Park and visitors can watch and learn how they behave and interact.
- The most beautiful ceramic pottery can be found at Grateful Heart Gallery. One can enjoy viewing all the artistic pieces and can also purchase them!
- West Lafayette is home to All Fired Up, a paint your own pottery studio that is fun for everyone.
- Two Tulips features home decor, beautiful children’s clothing and accessories, custom piggy banks, stationary, and more!
- Did you know Tippecanoe County was home to a battle that led to the Battle of 1812? Head to the Tippecanoe Battlefield Museum to learn about an important battle in our nation’s history.
- Since 1986 One Earth Gallery has been serving our community with authentic handmade American Indian art.
- Looking for designer kids’ clothing in Lafayette-West Lafayette? Look no further than JF & Company, which carries designer clothing, shoes, accessories, toys, and so much more!
- Haan Mansion Museum of Indiana Art hosts tours all year long, and do not miss their special Ceramics Celebration and Holiday Tours this season.
- For more than 75 seasons, the Civic Theatre of Greater Lafayette has been part of Lafayette’s social life and this season is offering more live entertainment that will have visitors laughing, crying and enjoying a night of fun!
- Bike along the beautiful Wabash River and downtown Lafayette on bikes provided by Virtuous Cycles
- People (us included!) rave about Bruno Dough; deep fried dough brushed with garlic butter, sprinkled with parmesan cheese and served with a dipping sauce from Bruno’s.
- A trademark restaurant in West Lafayette, Triple XXX, serves prime cut burgers, fresh brewed root beer and bountiful breakfasts.
- Hip, trendy restaurant, Red Seven Bar & Grill, is the special location where our own PR & Social Media Specialist, Sara Erickson, had her first date with her husband and got engaged.
- Scotty’s Brewhouse has some delicious new items on their menu including nachos as high as one’s head smothered with queso, red onions, jalapenos and mouth-watering barbecue.
- Homemade truffles, cake balls, peppermint bark, pies, popcorn and more can be found at Kathy’s Kandies, a kids (and adult) Neverland of sweets! Great girlfriend idea is a Fondue Party!
- Where can you find loaded submarine sandwiches, thin crust pizza, famous local salads and much more? Arni’s!
- Baked! of West Lafayette is baking hot, out of the oven cookies that are created by you! A few of their many mixins include semi-sweet chocolate chips, peanut butter chips, M&Ms, Oreos, mixed nuts, etc.
- There is a local hand-craft beer craze going on and People’s Brewing Co. is part of it! They are serving up fresh, high quality hand-crafted beer and providing free samples and tours of their business.
All Fired Up!
Go to http://www.homeofpurdueblog.com/?p=5267 to sign up! Entries will be accepted through Monday, August 4 at noon. A winner will be announced the week of August 11, 2014.
We have the winner of our 2013 “Girlfriends’ Getaway” Contest worth over $800! Congratulations to Michelle from Cumberland, Indiana! She shares, “Wow! That’s Fantastic! I just happened to be checking my email so what a pleasant surprise to wrap up my surprise. I’ve visited the Lafayette area in the past and am excited to see where this venture may take me. I will have to make a long weekend out of this and share the joy with my mom. Thank you for making my day.”
Michelle answered this question correctly and was picked at random: The question was: “What year did the Triple XXX Family Restaurant, Indiana’s Oldest Drive-In, in West Lafayette open?
Thanks to all who participated in this latest contest! Stay tuned for our next big contest/package we will be hosting this fall with the theme “Holiday Shopping”.