We are celebrating fall fun with our Girlfriend Getaway Contest 2017 worth over $500! Here are some special details about the local places who have donated:
- Rest in a lovely hotel room with luxury bedding and amenities galore from an indoor pool/whirlpool, fitness center, outdoor firepit and more! Where? Courtyard by Marriott
- Arni’s Pizza is best known for their savory pizza and the Arni’s Junior Salad. This has been a local hotspot for many years!
- Triple XXX or Route 66 are known for their root beer and chopped steak burgers, but we love their breakfasts, which offer homemade biscuits and gravy, Belgium waffles, corned beef hash and much, much more.
- Town & Gown: Flowers galore can be found in this beautifully landscaped outdoor patio. Smell the fresh flowers as you feast on light and fluffy pancakes, rich and flavorful biscuits and gravy, and decadent cocktails.
- “Thank goodness for great food!”? Every time we make a visit to Bruno’s Pizza and Big O’s Sports Room in West Lafayette, Indiana, we have this feeling of jubilation!
- Kathy’s Kandies: Satisfy your sweet tooth with truffles, gourmet popcorn, cakes, toffee, shakes and smoothies, licorice, artisan chocolates; need we say more!
- Beverage Heaven… They are known not just for their frozen custard but also their fruit drinks and flavored sodas. Where? Igloo Frozen Custard
- East End Grill, Lafayette’s newest restaurant serving modern with a twist fare ranging from chopped salads, to burgers & sandwiches and the best steaks and seafood available.
- Nine Irish Brothers serves up traditional Irish pub fare in a lively, tavern setting! Every dish at Nine Irish has a unique flavor combination that artfully combines the recipes of old with some modern inspiration.
- People’s Brewing Company is a hidden gem in Lafayette-West Lafayette. Guests pull up to what is an old loading dock, and within its space is a fun, relaxed bar where locals and visitors enjoy a fresh brew while sharing their day’s stories.
- Scarlett’s Red Velvet, Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough, Miss Princess, Cotton Candy, Wedding Cake, and Kentucky Bourbon Pie; these are just a small selection of fun flavors of cupcakes at Gigi’s Cupcakes.
- Did you know you can create your own floral designs at Rubia Flowers! Led by one of their designers, you and your friends will create a seasonal arrangement that you can take home at the end of the night.
- Enjoy meeting the many farm animals at The Farm located within the state park., hike the park trails and embrace the utter beauty of nature at Prophetstown State Park.
- Have you ever come face-to-face with a wolf? Wolf Park gives you the extraordinary opportunity of meeting numerous wolves, coyotes, and foxes; each have their very own story and background to share!
- Tour the the building that was once featured at the St. Louis Worlds Fair, Haan Mansion Museum of Indiana Art! It holds some of the most historic and valued Indiana art pieces in the state!
- Test your mini golf skills at Monster Mini Golf: 18-holes of surprises, twists, and turns! What’s the catch? It’s all in the dark with neon monsters around every corner!
- Games galore! Merlin’s Beard is a new and unique attraction to the Lafayette area. With over 250 games to choose from, there is a game for everyone!
Enter to win this fabulous contest at HomeOfPurdueBlog.com. Good luck!
We have the winner of our 2014 “Girlfriends’ Getaway” Contest worth over $590! Congratulations to Sarah H. from West Lafayette, Indiana! She shares, “Oh my goodness! I’m SO excited!!!!! My best friend lives in Michigan, but we don’t get to see each other very often. I can’t wait to get to spend some girl time together. I know our husbands won’t mind spending quality time with the kiddos so we can get away. Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!”
Sarah answered this question correctly and was picked at random: The question was:
What is the date for the next Gallery Walk in 2014 taking place in Lafayette, Indiana?
ANSWER: September 19, 2014
Thanks to all who participated in this latest contest! Stay tuned for our next big contest/package we will be hosting later this fall that will have a surprise theme!
Boilermaker Pete from Triple XXX
Visit Lafayette-West Lafayette is excited to announce our “Girlfriends’ Getaway” Contest 2014 to our two great cities. The competition started on Monday, July 28 and we want to share why each business that has donated to these packages is so fabulous!
One great winner will win the following package worth over $590!
- Enjoy comfort, great service and a complimentary breakfast at the Hampton Inn Lafayette.
- Check out Indiana’s newest state park where Native American people hunted and lived along the two rivers for thousands of years at Prophetstown State Park
- Wolves, foxes, coyote and bison inhabit Wolf Park and visitors can watch and learn how they behave and interact.
- The most beautiful ceramic pottery can be found at Grateful Heart Gallery. One can enjoy viewing all the artistic pieces and can also purchase them!
- West Lafayette is home to All Fired Up, a paint your own pottery studio that is fun for everyone.
- Two Tulips features home decor, beautiful children’s clothing and accessories, custom piggy banks, stationary, and more!
- Did you know Tippecanoe County was home to a battle that led to the Battle of 1812? Head to the Tippecanoe Battlefield Museum to learn about an important battle in our nation’s history.
- Since 1986 One Earth Gallery has been serving our community with authentic handmade American Indian art.
- Looking for designer kids’ clothing in Lafayette-West Lafayette? Look no further than JF & Company, which carries designer clothing, shoes, accessories, toys, and so much more!
- Haan Mansion Museum of Indiana Art hosts tours all year long, and do not miss their special Ceramics Celebration and Holiday Tours this season.
- For more than 75 seasons, the Civic Theatre of Greater Lafayette has been part of Lafayette’s social life and this season is offering more live entertainment that will have visitors laughing, crying and enjoying a night of fun!
- Bike along the beautiful Wabash River and downtown Lafayette on bikes provided by Virtuous Cycles
- People (us included!) rave about Bruno Dough; deep fried dough brushed with garlic butter, sprinkled with parmesan cheese and served with a dipping sauce from Bruno’s.
- A trademark restaurant in West Lafayette, Triple XXX, serves prime cut burgers, fresh brewed root beer and bountiful breakfasts.
- Hip, trendy restaurant, Red Seven Bar & Grill, is the special location where our own PR & Social Media Specialist, Sara Erickson, had her first date with her husband and got engaged.
- Scotty’s Brewhouse has some delicious new items on their menu including nachos as high as one’s head smothered with queso, red onions, jalapenos and mouth-watering barbecue.
- Homemade truffles, cake balls, peppermint bark, pies, popcorn and more can be found at Kathy’s Kandies, a kids (and adult) Neverland of sweets! Great girlfriend idea is a Fondue Party!
- Where can you find loaded submarine sandwiches, thin crust pizza, famous local salads and much more? Arni’s!
- Baked! of West Lafayette is baking hot, out of the oven cookies that are created by you! A few of their many mixins include semi-sweet chocolate chips, peanut butter chips, M&Ms, Oreos, mixed nuts, etc.
- There is a local hand-craft beer craze going on and People’s Brewing Co. is part of it! They are serving up fresh, high quality hand-crafted beer and providing free samples and tours of their business.
All Fired Up!
Go to http://www.homeofpurdueblog.com/?p=5267 to sign up! Entries will be accepted through Monday, August 4 at noon. A winner will be announced the week of August 11, 2014.
We have the winner of our 2013 “Girlfriends’ Getaway” Contest worth over $800! Congratulations to Michelle from Cumberland, Indiana! She shares, “Wow! That’s Fantastic! I just happened to be checking my email so what a pleasant surprise to wrap up my surprise. I’ve visited the Lafayette area in the past and am excited to see where this venture may take me. I will have to make a long weekend out of this and share the joy with my mom. Thank you for making my day.”
Michelle answered this question correctly and was picked at random: The question was: “What year did the Triple XXX Family Restaurant, Indiana’s Oldest Drive-In, in West Lafayette open?
Thanks to all who participated in this latest contest! Stay tuned for our next big contest/package we will be hosting this fall with the theme “Holiday Shopping”.