Local shops offer holiday cheer and the perfect gift or compliment to a holiday party! Yesterday I spent the day out with some friends shopping for the perfect gifts while also picking up some much needed items for our holiday party my husband and I are hosting this weekend. I got all our Christmas shopping done at local shops and I feel so thankful I got everyone crossed off my family’s list. I would like to share my great buys, and maybe it will inspire you to head out and finish your shopping at our great local businesses.
These are the awesome purchases:
- Scott Frankenberger decorative porcelain pitcher from Interior Objects for my mother who collects his pieces
- A clay baking dish from the Artists’ Own Gallery for my Aunt Sally, the baker of the family
- Purdue t-shirt for my brother, a Purdue Grad, at University Spirit
- Candy Canes for everyone’s stockings from McCord Candies
A lovely scarf for my mother in law at Gretel’s
- Hodson’s Bay Company has so many bicycle gift ideas, but I picked a light rack for my Dad to add to his bike for his bicycle excursions
- A case of Root Beer from Triple XXX for my Great Uncle Harry
- A guitar case for my brother in-law at Klaverenga Guitar and Piano Studio, Inc.
- A photo bead charm bracelet being created at L.E. Originals
- A glass holiday ornament for our Christmas tree at Inspired Fire Glass Studio and Gallery
- Two Tulips had the cutest child’s Purdue cheerleader outfit and I purchased it for one of my girlfriends who just found she was having a girl
- Even a holiday pillow for me that reads “Jingle” for me at Design Nook Interiors
Then I got everything for my dinner party while I was out too!
- A crown roast at Beutler Barbeque Meats & Catering
- A roasting pan and little holiday chef hats to add to my crown roast at KitchenArt
- My produce (asparagus, garlic, onions, etc.) at D&R Market
- The fresh flowers for my table at Rubia Flower Market
- Fresh rolls from O’Rears Bakery
- Decadent choocate cake balls and black and fold popcorn from Kathy’s Kandies
Oh, I love the holidays! I love shopping and picking the perfect gifts for loved ones, while also hosting fun holiday parties. The holidays are a time to be merry! For more information about these great locations visit our website at www.HomeOfPurdue.com.