It’s finally here! Halloween! Tonight is the big night of Trick or Treating fun throughout Lafayette and West Lafayette. We thought it would be fun to put together a check list of important items you MUST remember on this special night. Preparation is key to a successful Halloween night! Please note Lafayette’s Halloween hours are 6-8pm and West Lafayette does not have set hours.
Trick or Treat Check-List (adults and children!) for those heading out to embark on a spooky fun Halloween Night!
- Make sure you have a fun Halloween bag that is big enough for a ton of chocolate and sugary candy.
- Wear or bring along a warm pair of socks, gloves and a hat as Indiana weather can be fickle.
- Bright colored costumes not only will make you stand out, but a safety tip for those driving by to see you.
- Halloween is more fun with a group of friends! The more the merrier, plus you can swap candy throughout the night!
Handing out Treats at Home Check-List
- What is better than having the best candy on the block? Nothing! People for years will remember your household if you give out the sweetest treats!
- Make sure you have enough candy to go around! Stock up. You don’t want to run out of candy before the last Trick-or-Treater arrives as you may miss the best costume!
- Dress up! The scarier the better! Trick-or-Treating is all about mischief and the more diverse, scary costume, the better!
- Decorate your home with artificial spider webs, plastic skeletons, jack-o-lanterns and more to really get into the Halloween spirit and make your house a mecca for Trick-or-Treaters.
We hope everyone has a safe and fun Halloween night! To check out the list of Halloween events taking place in Lafayette-West Lafayette visit http://www.homeofpurdue.com/calendar/calendarofevents.html.